Once you start to self-host your blog, you’ll also start to think of ways on how to save on its fees. Remember, maintaining a blog site can be costly and this is not a joke my friend. Well, you have to pay for domain name, the hosting service, email responder and the added features you need to apply for your blog site.
Blog expenses can be paid annually or you can pay it on a one-time charge fee. Well if these factors may add more expenses then consider these options. Now, here are some of the ways on how you can slash down your blog fees.
1. Buy a new domain name – The first thing you do when you buy a domain name is check for availability. Remember, people register for a domain name and this happens everyday and this is why the URL you’ve chosen maybe registered already . There are some instances when the domain name became in demand previously then the price of the domain name will surely go higher. Now to save money in buying high priced domain names, consider purchasing domain names that are not yet registered since it’s cheaper.
2. Choose unlimited hosting – Hosting services come in packages of different gigabyte allotments. Now if you think you’ll exceed the allotted space then opt for unlimited hosting. With unlimited hosting package, extra fees are not necessary. Further, unlimited hosting includes unlimited domain name hosting, bandwidth and technical support.
3. Open ads on your blog. You can earn extra cash with the extra space on your blog. Offer some of your blog real estate to advertisers or do a little bit of affiliate marketing (through sites like Amazon and Clickbank). Doing these things is very common among bloggers, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon. If you have your own products or services to sell, a simple plug on your blog wouldn’t hurt.
4. Save more with coupons. Blog service providers are not oblivious to the use of coupons. How else are they able to lure new customers? Before you decide on clicking the “pay now” button, try to scroll down on the page and look for the coupon code and make use of it. The possibility in finding a coupon code is quite high and this in turn will reduce your total bills. “Caching”!
5. Accept donations. Other bloggers consider accepting personal donations from online readers. There are some readers that may find your blog articles very helpful for them and in turn, they may send you monetary bonus . Make sure to notify them on how they are able to send out their in-kind donations. PayPal can provide you this service for easier money transactions.
6. Purchase bulk services. The principle of bulk buying can also be applied to blog services. The more years you get tied to the service provider, the lesser the annual fees you’d have to pay. There are some services for your blog that can provide a ten year contract.
7. Resell. You can also earn extra money by reselling. The promoting and showcasing products and services that’s already in your blog is yet another way on how to earn extra and more. Almost all blog service providers already has affiliate network connections. Once your blog becomes a part of the blog service provider, you can have the option to resell and still gain benefits.
8. Earn extra on paid guest post. Paid guest postings can be tricky especially if you have some concenrs regarding SEO because your blog may incur backlinks. But then again, bloggers who don’t have too much traffic, guest posting is to their advantage since it can earn them extra income. There are offers that reach up to $100, which could more than take care of your blog fees.
9. (Avoid overkill~Avoid exaggeration~Don’t overdo it!}. Well, you may have purchased the latest template available and you already have your domain name (for brand protection anyway)Indeed, you’ve bought the template you chose and you already have your on blog a .com domain (it’s just brand protection and you know that well). Be contented with what you have. It’s not that yet important to change the template on your blog if it’s not yet required or purchase unnecessary tools for your blog. That’s overkill, not to mention expensive.
After you’ve learned the methods (basic and advanced) in starting your own blog you don’t need to “exploit” free services – again. So don’t ever forget these tips my friend since these ideas will help you save money on your blog fees.
Learn how to start a blog, get people to read and share your blog, and make money from blogging with a step-by-step tutorial at howtostartablog.com.